Every once in a while, fortune smiles on Brainstorm Brewery, and the right guest for the set review becomes available. This time, Judge Emeritus and Godfather of EDH Sheldon Menery joins the brew crew for a look at Magic 2015, a set with quite a few Commander gems hidden among the cycle of splashy mythic souls, big sexy Planeswalkers (like, sexy as in, “Wow, these are cool to play with,” not like, “Wow, Ajani is looking sexy.” Like, it’s cool if you’re into that; some people are. We don’t judge.), and saucy Slivers. Which Commander gems are currently underpriced to a degree that confuses a veteran Commander expert like Sheldon? Which cards seem a bit overvalued and can only possibly maintain their presale prices with a ton of Standard ubiquity (besides most of them)?
You’ll become very familiar with M15 in a double-stuffed episode crammed with so much value that you’ll think twice about complaining that this was too long to listen to on your commute. Pop in your earbuds, ignore your boss going home early, and jam your Friday away with an episode of your favorite podcast that will have you saying, “For first of all,” even though no one else gets the joke. This is Brainstorm Brewery.
- The gang is joined by Sheldon Menery (@SheldonMenery)!
- Find Sheldon on Facebook as well as Twitter.
- Catch Sheldon’s weekly prog rock podcast Brain Salad Sandwich.
- The Magic 2015 set review is the focus of the episode. No time for anything else.
- Which cards seem undervalued?
- Which cards will you be fine paying the current price on to play with?
- Questions? Concerns? The address is brainstormbrew at gmail dot com.
Cabe Riseau produced the intro and outro music for Brainstorm Brewery.