Stopping by the cast to talk about the business of speculation as well as the business Quiet Speculation is Doug Linn. Doug is a cofounder and co-owner of QuietSspeculation.com, and technically, he’s Corbin’s and Jason’s “boss,” so when he tells Corbin to shut up, he kind of has to. With Theros spoilers, controversy surrounding QS’s ads on MTGCast, and the very nature of speculation to discuss, the cast is bound to be completely packed with information. This is one episode you won’t want to miss if you want to step up your finance game or just make your Friday work day feel a little less tedious. Who sounds like they’re podcasting from inside a monsoon? Who will Doug say is the better writer, Jason or Corbin? Will anyone be able to figure out how to pronounce any of the creatures? names in this set? Find out the answer to all these questions and more on a finance-jammed installment of your favorite MTG finance podcast that will leave you asking, “Why is Bestow so complicated?” Join us for Brainstorm Brewery.
- Doug Linn from Quiet Speculation drops by to discuss this week’s finance as well as talk a bit about the QS model and what finance means.
- What’s the real story behind the controversial QS ads on MTGCast? Doug sets the record straight.
- This may be old news now, but the new judge foil cards are announced in the middle of the recording session. Hear the gang’s genuine first reactions.
- Interested in listening to the podcast appearance where Doug talks about QS with Pat Flynn? We tracked it down, and you can listen to it here.
- Doug came prepared with a Pick of the Week to join the gang’s picks. Ryan surprises everyone with a Magic Online call, and everyone is hyped about the effect Theros and rotation will have on the metagame.
- Theros spoilers were updated, and the gang talks all about what they like and don’t like. Will the Gods be good for casual and Commander? Will Limited playability translate well to Constructed playability if the format slows? What older cards will be buoyed by new Theros cards? Tune in, and hear what five of the game’s great finance minds come up with.
Cabe Riseau produced the intro and outro music for Brainstorm Brewery.