Jeff Hoogland (@JeffHoogland) swings by the cast to talk all about the art of brewing. With spicy brews for both Modern and Standard, Jeff weighs in on the playability potential of a few key cards and that translates into great insight about the financial future of cards as well. Find out what he likes, what he doesn’t like and hear some of his surprising picks for playable cards. Jeff went all sabre metrics on the format and analyzed removal spells. Check out his analysis here. Some removal spells we thought were good just don’t get there right now. But Jeff isn’t all shotcalls and moneyballs, he also comes correct with a bag of brewery tricks, including a spicy standard list with some unorthodox picks that Jeff has tested and found to be the correct choices. Not a one-trick pony, he brewed up a modern deck that likely has a lot of your favorite cards. Check out our website for a full article write-up of the deck. Who gets some good news when Jeff is persuaded to consider trying their choice of Modern deck? Whose tin can is malfunctioning tonight? The student has become the master- who is the new official segue champion? Find out the answer to all these questions and more on another installment of your favorite MTG Finance podcast that’s richer than a good heavy stout and sweeter than ice cream- join us for Brainstorm Brewery.
- The cast is joined by Midwest grinder Jeff Hoogland (@JeffHoogland)
- There are quite a few tournament results. Hear Jeff’s take on the metagame and what could change.
- Does Modern need bannings or unbannings? The gang and guest weigh in.
- Could the Gods sustain their current price?
- Jeff discusses the importance of going through your lines of play to help your stream viewers, and the importance of telling them when they’re wrong.
- Pick of the Week is as lively as ever, and the gang has a hard time keeping to just 4 picks.
- Corbin got some good news this week and it will affect how he spends this weekend at Grand Prix Oklahoma City.
Cabe Riseau produced the intro and outro music for Brainstorm Brewery.