Can I level with you? I’m not entirely sure which portion, if any, of what we recorded is fit for consumption. This isn’t a gag; really, I’m serious. We sat down and we really, truly had the best intentions. Corbin made show notes, and they had topics on them. We had plenty to talk about, but somehow, we just got kind of?.?.?.?sidetracked. The cast got mean, guys—real mean. You’re going to find yourself asking, “Are these guys even friends?” We know what you want—you want us to focus on Magic. Even if it’s not Magic finance, you want us to focus on Magic. It didn’t really happen this week. I mean, it did, and it also kind of didn’t. You’ll see.
The great part about this episode is that if you don’t like it, you’ll have to listen to the entire thing before you know you didn’t like it, and that’s still a win for us. And it’s not as though you’re gone forever; you’ll be all, “Wow, the cast is usually better than this. I hope next week’s is better,” and you’ll listen to next week’s, too—because you’re a listener. You know the sick thing? A lot of you are going to love this episode. It’s irreverent and funny, and it’s all over the place. People express sincere and unpopular opinions. We tell Corbin to shut up. I don’t know what was cut out, but when you hear the stuff we left in, you’ll be all, “They cut stuff out? What was that stuff like?” and maybe you’ll find out some day. If you listen the whole way through, you’ll be glad you did—that much I know. I mean, we did e-mails and Finance 101 and all the stuff we do in a real episode. So give us an hour of your time because, at the end of the day, this podcast is still better than paying attention to your job or your commute or your daughter’s ballet recital or whatever we’re drowning out right now. This is your favorite podcast. This is Brainstorm Brewery.
- The episode starts off with an awkward story involving Jason telling lies.
- Marcel said this is Episode 24. If you don’t hear it, he cut it out so he doesn’t look dumb.
- Grand Prix New Jersey is briefly touched upon. It was like a month ago—who cares, right?
- E-mails and Finance 101 blend together. I told you we recorded a real episode.
- What do StarCityGames changes mean for Magic? Is it good or bad or really bad?
- Why does everyone hate Ari Lax?
- We’re doing Tee Spring again. Ask Santa for a new hoodie or t-shirt.
- I applaud you for sticking with it and reading all of this.
- Questions? Concerns? E-mail brainstormbrew at gmail dot com.
Cabe Riseau produced the intro and outro music for Brainstorm Brewery.