2013 is in our rearview mirrors, and what a year it was. There were a lot of financially-relevant happenings in the year gone by, and the gang reminisces. What happened in 2013, and how can that help us look at 2014? What will we be ready for when history repeats itself? Tune in for a rundown of a year’s worth of financial news and all of your favorite inside gags—as well as the announcement of contest winners. Who baits Jason with a bad chemistry reference? Who is on the receiving end of some computer trash talk? More importantly, who won some fabulous prizes for helping out the cast? Find out the answer to all of these questions and more on an extra-large episode of your favorite Magic podcast that will leave you asking, “Why do they keep talking about Aluren?” This is Brainstorm Brewery.
- StarCityGames had an announcement that impacted the future of Legacy. But how?
- The banning of Bloodbraid Elf warped Modern.
- Will players ever want to “pimp out” their Modern decks?
- How did the increase in Magic Online redemption prices affect redemption?
- The face of GPs changed this year—in some ways you might not have considered.
- What do we do with a set like Dragon’s Maze?
- What does the gang mean by “Aluren?”
- Mutavault is discussed at length
- What are the gang’s thoughts on Theros after a while to adjust?
- What will the economics of From the Vault: Twenty look like in 2014?
- Commander (2013 Edition) had a big impact. But how?
- San Diego Comic-Con planeswalkers were a game changer.
- What was the “MODOpocalypse”?
- If you didn’t click this link before, don’t click it now.
- What did Brainstorm Brewery accomplish as a brand in 2013? What does 2014 look like?
- Shout outs go a bit long
- Bet you can’t watch it just once.
- If you are artistically inclined, the best Photoshop or alteration of either the video of Corbin hitting the light pole or a still frame from it wins a prize. Send entries to brainstormbrew at gmail dot com.
- Want to be part of the Brainstorm Brewery Team? If you can write, stream, or Photoshop, or if you have a keen eye for design, contact altjason17 at gmail dot com to find out how you can join the fastest-growing brand in Magic.
Cabe Riseau produced the intro and outro music for Brainstorm Brewery.
Brainstorm Brewery – website – email – twitter – facebook
Ryan Bushard – email – twitter – facebook – gatheringmagic.com
Corbin Hosler – email – twitter – facebook – quitespeculation.com
Jason E Alt – email – twitter – facebook – gatheringmagic.com – quitespeculation.com