Will Corbin ever figure out how technology works? Has Ryan actually broken Modern? What’s the best name for a deck with Griselbrand and Borborygmos Enraged? Did Marcel manage to edit this cast into something that resembles continuity? Will Jason talk another five minutes with his mic turned off? Find out all this and more on another exciting installment of Brainstorm Brewery.
- The Banned and Restricted List went up this week, and Bloodbraid Elf and Seething Song were both banned. Which cards are going up or down based on how the meta is going to change?
- Wizards has announced that each booster of Dragon’s Maze will have a nonbasic land—this will increase the number of shock lands in print, but by how much? Hear both sides of the argument.
- A card the entire cast called “much better than bulk” has increased even in excess of what the gang had hoped. Which card is finally capturing the imagination of the player base, selling for nearly five times its presale price even before the set is legal?
- Which cards merit a second look based on how well they performed in Limited? Ryan’s Pick of the Week is a spicy card with a ton of potential. Is this card going to impact the format or will it be a solid card without a home? How deep do we go on this bulk rare?
- Gatecrash sees its first $3 uncommon. How many of you can guess what it is?
- The contest asking, “What do you call a Brainstorm Brewery listener?” from reddit continues into its third week. Can you beat the current frontrunner? There’s some merch in it for one lucky listener.
Cabe Riseau produced the intro and outro music for Brainstorm Brewery.