Episode 100 is in the rearview mirror, and the gang looks forward to the next hundred. With that new focus comes a new focus on the basics. New people join the listenership all the time, and even veterans who have listened for years could use a refresher. Starting with this episode, the gang will be doing a few new segments. First is Finance 101, a brief look at a basic finance topic that some take for granted and others might want explained in detail. Is the world of Magic finance a little daunting? Do you listen to Brainstorm Brewery despite the finance content? Fear not—topics will be broken down and covered in detail. Also upcoming, the gang will commit to reading one listener-submitted e-mail per week. Do you have a question you’d like answered? A spec you want to suggest? A trade you’d like evaluated? Send your letters to brainstormbrew at gmail dot com. Episode 101 and the start of Finance 101 in an episode so good you’ll be left asking, “Wait, was that just a weird coincidence?”
- Finance 101 is starting in a big way with a ton of topics!
- The gang covers a few terms that they use every week and make sure they’re defined.
- What constitutes a “staple”?
- Why would anyone sell to a buy list?
- What is spread, and how is it calculated?
- Where does the gang receive its finance info?
- What constitutes bulk?
- What is a pick?
- When is rotation, and what does it mean?
- What are seasons, and how do they differ from rotation?
- The gang reads an e-mail from a listener looking to trade into Modern. Send us one!
- The address is brainstormbrew at gmail dot com.
Cabe Riseau produced the intro and outro music for Brainstorm Brewery.