With Ryan Bushard missing in action and Corbin Hosler taking his love of Merfolk one step too far by flooding his house and sloshing around on the floor holding a trident, it’s up to Marcel and Jason to save the day. Save the day they do, with a Gen Con wrap-up, talk of Theros spoilers and much, much more. However will the half crew cope with the missing confederates? What is there to do at Gen Con all week? What are some non-Magic games you should be playing or waiting for? Which cards in RTR block are poised to go up after rotation? Can Jason do a passable impression of Corbin? Find out the answer to all of these questions and more when your favorite MTG Finance podcast brings you more value than you can possibly handle on another installment of Brainstorm Brewery.
- Jason went to Gen Con this year but avoided playing Magic or trading. How did he fill his time? What should you avoid if you’re planning to make the trip there yourself?
- Wizards of the Coast is arguably the company it is today because of Gen Con exposure in its early years. Find out how WoTC celebrated its 20th birthday at Gen Con.
- Theros spoilers abound as the decklist and new cards in the new duel deck “Heroes and Monsters” is spoiled. Two new keyword abilities are highlighted and some old cards are getting reprints. What’s going up? What’s going down? Tune in to find out
- Just because you’re only graced with two hosts doesn’t mean you’re getting any less than the full dose of “Pick of the Week” – a segment announced by its own brand new segment musical bump. Hear it here for the first time ever.
- Jason shares a cautionary tale of woe about buylisting that you won’t want to miss. Don’t fall prey to the same unscrupulous buyers – listen and find out how to protect yourself.
Cabe Riseau produced the intro and outro music for Brainstorm Brewery.