Based on some feedback, the gang has decided to reformat the show to make it conform to the consensus from the community. The cast has been streamlined and will follow a new, shorter format from now on. It is all the finance news you want in under five minutes, without all the filler.
- What were the biggest winners and losers on MTGStocks?
- Pick of the Week finishes in record time.
- What cards are good pickups right now?
The cast continues in the spirit of April Fools’ Day and invites Elliot Scott (@hackworth) on to talk about “casual” finance, Commander, speculation about the new Duel Decks, and more. It’s an extra-long After Hours installment that will have you saying, “I’m glad they put the podcast at the end so I can turn it off after five minutes.” Whose Pick of the Week costs more than a yearly subscription to StarCityGames Premium? Who is late to cast and doesn’t have the benefit of a good excuse? Who might be right after all about the plane where the fall set will take place? Find out all this and more on an extra-long After Hours!
- The gang is joined by Elliot Scott (@hackworth) husband of @moxymtg and great guy
- Commander (2013 Edition) is being reissued. How will prices be affected?
- What could be in Duel Decks: Speed vs. Cunning? Eldrazi? Hellrider? Who knows?
- How do you tell spikes on cards like Food Chain from spikes on cards like Teferi’s Puzzle Box?
- Are Legacy duals going to go up forever, or is this an unsustainable peak?
- Elliot buys and trades, hoping to make Modern affordable. How does he “finance”?
- How does Elliot balance work and a family with a game that asks so much of our time?
- Want to win prizes? Go to BrainstormBrewery.com, and caption some pics!
- Have pics of you wearing our shirt or using our mat? Send them in for a chance at a prize!
- There are still some tokens and mats left. E-mail us to get hooked up.
- The address is brainstormbrew at gmail dot com.
Cabe Riseau produced the intro and outro music for Brainstorm Brewery.